It's amazing how much Parks and Recreation benefits our community . . .
- We benefit the Individual through:
- Increasing self esteem and self reliance.
- Reducing the risk of stress-related diseases.
- Providing a longer and healthier lifestyle.
- Instilling a sense of social belonging.
- Eliminating boredom and loneliness.
- We benefit the Community through:
- Connecting families.
- Reducing crime and delinquency.
- Enhancing cultural understanding.
- Supporting people of all ages.
- We benefit the Economy through:
- Increasing tourism dollars.
- Increasing and enhancing land and property values.
- The retention of local businesses.
- The reduction of vandalism and crime.
- We benefit the Environment through:
- Cleaner water.
- Cleaner air.
- Preserving wildlife.
- Reducing pollution.
- Protecting ecosystems.
- Conserving our natural resources.
Parks and Recreation does more than provide leisure venues and activities in the park . . . we also provide a "lifetime of memories".
Remember . . .
- meeting your friends at the park swing set?
- digging in the sand under the slide?
- hitting the game winning single?
- fighting the ants while eating an outdoor picnic with your family?
Blaine Parks and Recreation is proud to be a part of these memories, and we look forward to offering more opportunities for your friends and family to live a longer and healthier life in our beautiful community.